Thursday, October 18, 2012

Healthy Ice Cream?!

I have been seeing recipes for "healthy" ice cream all over Pinterest and kept on trucking because there is no way you can make something as sinfully lusciously caloric as ice cream healthy...right? Over the week I found my mind drifting away from my professor's lecture on the art of factoring cubic polynomials and landing in a world where ice cream and I could have more than random one night stands. I even dared to picture myself once again stocking it in our freezer without fear of wrecking a weeks worth of cardio in one bowl. I decided to attempt the impossible and oh baby is it goooooooood!

 
First take some spotted bananas (I used 5) and slice them up.

 Second make your dog a banana hat and ignore my messy home in the background.
Then freeze your banana slices for around 3 hours.

 Once frozen toss your frozen bananas in the blender and start pulsing away until it becomes creamy.
Add 3 heaping Tablespoons of Peanut Butter and let your puppydawg lick the spoon.
You can stop here and blend until combined or add some chocolate and make it a lil more decadent.
I added 2 Tablespoons of Dutch-processed cocoa powder.

Pour it into a tupperware container and freeze until hard.
My batch took about 4 hours to reach a scoopable consistency.

Voila delicious and fairly healthy ice cream.
My handy dandy calorie counter has this ENTIRE batch of ice cream equaling roughly 12 oz of my favorite ice cream, Ben & Jerry- Cake Batter. I also like the fact that I can not only pronounce but recognize the ingredient list for my new favorite ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment