Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lemon Bundt Cake

"There is a hole in this cake". Every time I see a bundt cake I think of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding. My latest bundt sighting occurred at the in-laws. I then proceeded to recite the scene from MBFGW to my Mother-in-Law. Chick flicks didn't really make it to movie night with raising a boy so I have taken it upon myself to catch her up. Real selfless of me to veg on the couch watching girly feel good movies dontchya think?!

This lemon bundt cake was such a delightful treat and the citrus glaze has such a bright amazing tang to it. 



Cake Ingredients:
  • 1 pkg yellow cake mix
  • 2/3 C vegetable oil
  • zest of 1/4 of a lemon
  • 2/3 C hot water
  • 4 eggs
Cake Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bundt pan and then lightly dust with flour. Mix all of the ingredients until well blended. Place in center of oven and bake for ~ 40 minutes until lightly browned.
Let cool 10 minutes.

Glaze Ingredients:
  • 1 C sifted confectioners' sugar 
  • 4 T fresh lemon juice 
  • 3 t lemon zest
Glaze Instructions:

Combine ingredients until smooth. Remove cake from pan and drizzle glaze on top. Slice and enjoy! 

**This recipe is adapted from the “The Cake Mix Doctor” by Anne Byrn.**

No comments:

Post a Comment